Friday, March 6, 2009

Houston, We Have A Problem

I have suffered a slight bout of half-century envy of late partly because, for the first time in my life, the President of the United States is younger than I am. It is quite an adjustment to realize that the leader of the free world was still in high school while I was reciting my wedding vows and later waiting for my first-born to be...um, born.

But this guy...he is something special, someone with an oratorical gift and an education to die for, so I was somewhat at ease when he was sworn in, political angst notwithstanding. At least I could sleep at night knowing that America was in good, smart hands. This president was no frat boy like his predecessor...we finally had a grown-up at the helm. Whew!

Barack Obama was sworn in by Justice Roberts 6 weeks ago, and in that time my Ambien costs have tripled, so much so that Patrick Kennedy was recently seen jonesing for a fix on a Boston street corner while complaining that he had a crucial vote to attend and time was of the essence. Sorry Patty, but you can blame the head of your party, sport. He's the one (or The One) responsible for the run on sleep aids.

There are reports that President Obama is seeking the financial counsel of the founder of Twitter, as well as a former Google guy, in an attempt to get a handle on the economic bus heading for the Depression cliff. Perhaps it's fitting for the Twitter geek to help this administration. While Twitter boasts a membership of 6 million and 700% growth, the endeavor makes no money in the U.S. Sounds like a match made in Heaven. For Lucifer.

John Stewart had a funny take on the Twitter phenomenon, which you can enjoy here:


I have some valuable advice for the Kid in Chief; contact the head of Tonka for help with the auto industry.

Heck, maybe the mustachioed Monopoly man can apply for the deputy position under Timothy Geithner?

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: