Monday, August 10, 2009

Barack Obamakhan

I've noticed a disturbing similarity between Obama and Louis Farrakhan
Many years ago, in the midst of a particularly difficult financial period of my life, I delivered newspapers on the East end of Long Island in the wee hours of the morning. On Sundays at around 7:00AM there was a radio station that broadcast the hour-long sermons of Louis Farrakhan. Being curious about the man at the time, I began to listen to what he had to say.

The first time I listened I was stunned by his message. I had heard so many things about him and I expected to hear him deliver a viscious diatribe, but what I initially heard was a passionate plea to his congregation for self-reliance. He told his black audience that they needed to be good fathers and good men, working hard for their own success and not relying on the white man to provide for them.

I remember thinking, "this is a great message, how could I have been so wrong about him?" That was the first half hour...

In the next half hour, after having roused a spirit of self determination and hope in the congregation, Farrakhan dashed those feelings by ranting how it was impossible for any of them to succeed because the white man was keeping them down. aside from being flat out wrong, I thought it especially cruel to do that to them, but my original suspicions about Farrakhan were suddenly reinstated. I listened every week for a few months, and week after week, the motif was the same.

Now we have Barack Hussein Obama following the same style, beginning speeches with hope and bipartisan kumbaya, then ending with an admonishment for his political foes. Watch the video below and see for yourself.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: