Friday, June 4, 2010

He is the Walrus

When I was a young lad, I was very relieved to discover that Paul was not really dead, as the manufactured story went. I had always favored Paul McCartney of all the Beatles. After his disgusting little speech at the White House upon being named the third recipient of the Gershwin Prize for Popular Song, however, I have reconsidered.



Connie Hair of Human Events makes two excellent points:

McCartney is the third recipient of the Gershwin Prize. Hailing from England and having earned no university degrees of his own, the Beatle may not know W. was the first American president to earn a master’s degree in business administration. (The fact the MBA is from Harvard really irks the left.) Not to mention Bush is married to a librarian.
What is it about these entertainers that causes them to behave in such boorish fashion? And why couldn't McCartney just Let it Be? He had a Ticket to Ride, so there was no reason to get nasty. Nothing could justify what That Boy said, but Michelle will never scold him for it. Maybe Another Girl would, but not her. No, Her Majesty was probably so proud that she had Golden Slumbers that night.

I tell you, It's All Too Much. Don't get me wrong, I Feel Fine, but I'm So Tired of the lies and misconceptions about George W. Bush. I still maintain that history will be much kinder to W. than the present, and that It Won't Be Long before the actions of this administration actually Help! his image.

For now, the only song I want to hear from McCartney is I'm a Loser.

Sphere: Related Content

No comments: